Tuesday, September 5

Joseph A. Lomanto

March 8, 1930 ~ August 25, 2023
Joseph Anthony Lomanto, 93, of Clinton, NY, born March 8, 1930, peacefully passed away in his home on August 25, 2023. He was the son of the late Antonio and Marianna (Candella) Lomanto.   Joe lived a life dedicated to his family, community, and his passion for his business, Clinton Collision. Growing up on the Lomanto Farm on Rt 5 in Kirkland, Joe worked alongside his siblings and attended Westmoreland schools.  He proudly served with the US Army in the Korean War. In addition to his service, early in his career he joined his brothers at Jim’s Garage in Kirkland. He worked for the Town of Kirkland for several years and later ventured into partnership with his brother Fred, co-owning and operating the Clinton Body Shop. In 1979, he opened his own business, Clinton Collision, on McBride Ave in Clinton, NY. On July 11, 1959, Joe married Patricia J. Chappell. Together they settled in Clinton, where he found his true calling as a community pillar and a successful businessman.   He was a founding and active board member of ESTRA (Empire State Towing & Recovery Assoc.) for several years and dedicated 59 years to the Clinton Fire Department. More recently he served his community through membership in the Clinton Lions Club. He was a devoted member of St. Mary’s Catholic Church, Clinton, NY.  Joe left an indelible mark on his community through service to these organizations and made a positive impact on the lives of those around him.  https://owenspavlotrogers.com/tribute/details/3157/Joseph-Lomanto/obituary.html?fbclid=IwAR0ybUKZrmKhLH8p1H2OcHbb7I6GwZIdKIjZfrD7juTJ-_iaigvD_vhI7Hg



Village of Waterville
Waterville Central School District
Waterville First
Waterville Public Library


Food Bank of CNY September Food Sense Menu:

Pleasant Valley Grange Hall :

Waterville AYSO:

All AYSO players are invited to walk in the Cruise-In Parade on Saturday, 9/16. The Parade starts at Noon with the line at 11:45 am. We ask our players to arrive by 11:40 am so that we can ensure that we are lined up on time! Our lineup location is at the top of Putnam Street. We hope to see you there! Please reach out with any questions.

Village of Waterville:

WCS Sports Booster Club:

Just a friendly reminder Volunteers are needed if we don’t have enough volunteers to run the concession stand during games this includes football and our Brother-Town Soccer Tournament we will NOT BE OPEN TO SELL REFRESHMENTS.

It’s getting closer to Fall Season!!!! We are in need of volunteers in our concession stand below is the calendar for the month of September!
8/30,8/31 & 9/1 are scrimmages no concessions will be open with it being a holiday weekend if your not watching the game your probably away!
*Pleas Note the Brother-town Soccer Tournament has the green light again this year!!
Sep 6th Girls play at 5pm and 7pm volunteers are needed at both games.
Sep 7th Boys play at 5pm and 7pm volunteers are needed at both games.
Sat Sep 10th Girls play at 1pm and 3pm
Sat Sep 10th Boys play at 5pm and 7pm
Pleas message us with dates you can volunteer at
This will periodically update
Thank you

Waterville First:

Waterville Volunteer Fire Department:

There will be a CPR class open to the Public September 20th 2023 5:30PM at the Waterville Volunteer Fire Department. The cost of the class is $70. Money will be due the night of class. There will be a cap of 15 students per class. If you are interested in becoming CPR certified please reach out to Chief Jarrod Waufle. We will be scheduling more classes in the future as well. Please email Jarrod: firechief@villageofwaterville.org to register for this class.

Oriskany Falls Fire Department:

Mohawk Valley Astronomical Society:


Sam Houston elected as president of Texas

“On September 5, 1836, Sam Houston is elected as president of the Republic of Texas, which earned its independence from Mexico in a successful military rebellion. Born in Virginia in 1793, Houston moved with his family to rural Tennessee after his father’s death; as a teenager, he ran away and lived for several years with the Cherokee tribe. Houston served in the War of 1812 and was later appointed by the U.S. government to manage the removal of the Cherokee from Tennessee to a reservation in Arkansas Territory. He practiced law in Nashville and from 1823 to 1827 served as a U.S. congressman before being elected governor of Tennessee in 1827.”

To read the full article, click here: https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/sam-houston-elected-as-president-of-texas

A brief excerpt from
“Schools in the Village of Waterville”
by Norman R. Cowen, Sangerfield Historian, 1949“Some time between 1787 and 1789, the first school was built in the (Huddle), christened Waterville in the fall of 1808. My source of information states that the first school was across from the Hotel. Other schools later were, The Old Academy on White Street, A school on Madison Street and many other buildings were used for classes.
At a meeting held in conformity to an act of the legislature, Isaac Terry Jr. was chosen moderator, Josiah Bacon, clerk, Ruben Tower and John Williams, trustees. At a second meeting, October 21 1813, with William Osborne as chairman, it was voted to build a school house. The wood to be furnished by levying a tax upon the taxable inhabitants of this district, and that a tax of seventy-five be levied to furnish wood and a stove. November 22, it was voted to look up a “scite” for the new school house. January 7, 1814, it was voted that the “scite” for the new school house be on the southeast part of the (triangle) green or common near the house of Jacob Bunce. That the house be built after a model exhibited at this meeting by Jothan Tower viz: length 51 ft, width 26 ft, with convenient porch, that the school house be built of brick and stone with a cupaloe for a bell.
The year of 1819 was a year of agreements and disagreements. October 8 it was voted to allow all denominations the use of the school house for religious service. October 25 it was voted to allow no denominations to hold meetings. In 1820 it was wisely decided to let the trustees manage the school as they thought proper. In 1821, Amos Osborne was moderator and Aaron Stafford, clerk. April 10, 1835, there was a broadening of opinion which repealed a former vote and give all religious denominations a right to hold meetings in the school house. 
Henry Tower, moderator, Elihu Newberry, clerk

In 1849 the use of well water was $3, in 1858 $5, in 1866 $10, the water bill for 1913 was $120.

On May 15, 1871, it was unanimously voted to raise by tax $17,000 to build on the site of the old school a new building after the plan of the new school house on Corn Hill, Utica.”

The Stafford Avenue School Building was built in 1930.

To read the full Blog Post, Click here: http://athomeinthehuddle2014.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2014-09-13T10:41:00-04:00&max-results=7&reverse-paginate=true


The price of gas today.

Scroll to Top
Skip to content